An extended checkbox widget for Yii Framework 2 based on the bootstrap-checkbox-x jQuery plugin by Krajee. This widget allows three checkbox states and includes additional styles. The plugin uses Bootstrap markup, glyphs, and CSS 3 styling by default, but it can be overridden with any other markup.
Note: The checkbox plugin stores the values as integer format (and not boolean format) for checked and unchecked states.
- The plugin offers the following three states and values for the checkboxes:
1: Checkbox is checked.
0: Checkbox is unchecked.
null: Checkbox is indeterminate.
- You can set the plugin to allow three states or the default two states for the checkbox.
- Specifically uses Bootstrap 3.x styles & glyphs. One can configure the checked, unchecked, and indeterminate icons to be shown for the checkboxes.
- Special CSS 3 styling, to enhance the control to look like any Bootstrap 3 form control. Supports the
has-warningstyling states like other Bootstrap form-controls.
- Plugin CSS styling automatically defaults the checkboxes to inline display. You can also control the markup for block display like in checkbox lists.
- You can add a
labelbefore or after with a
forattribute and click on the label to change the checkbox values. Alternatively you can enclose the input within a
labeltag as well.
- Ability to navigate to the checkbox controls via keyboard, and modify the values using the
spacebar on the keyboard.
- Ability to size the checkbox control. Five prebuilt size templates are available
- Triggers JQuery events for advanced development. The plugin automatically triggers the
changeevent for the input, whenever the checkbox value is changed via clicking. Events currently available are
- Disabled and readonly checkbox input support.
- Size of the entire plugin (JS and CSS) is less than 2KB when minified and gzipped. Its about 6KB when minified without gzipping (about 3KB for the JS and 3KB for the CSS).
Note: This extension depends on the kartik-v/yii2-widgets extension which in turn depends on the yiisoft/yii2-bootstrap extension. Check the composer.json for this extension's requirements and dependencies. Note: Yii 2 framework is still in active development, and until a fully stable Yii2 release, your core yii2-bootstrap packages (and its dependencies) may be updated when you install or update this extension. You may need to lock your composer package versions for your specific app, and test for extension break if you do not wish to auto update dependencies.
You can see detailed documentation and demonstration on usage of the extension.
The preferred way to install this extension is through composer.
$ php composer.phar require kartik-v/yii2-checkbox-x "*"
require section of your
use kartik\checkbox\CheckboxX; echo CheckboxX::widget([ 'model' => $model, 'attribute' => 'status', 'pluginOptions' => [ 'threeState' => true, 'size' => 'lg' ] ]);
yii2-checkbox-x is released under the BSD 3-Clause License. See the bundled
LICENSE.md for details.