I was in charge to create a Yii project startup for Clevertech and I thought that Yii-Bootstrap should be standard for it, and that was the reason it was included in YiiBoilerplate. It was an excellent decision.
Then, CEO Kuty Shalev, told me to provide solutions for the common challenges that Yii developers confront in our projects at Clevertech, we wanted to do things fast. That was the reason I started to create a widget library that, with the support and help of colleague programmers, was growing and growing everyday.
The goal was to maintain the beauty of Twitter Bootstrap, so the widgets were built on top of the development version of Chris' Yii-Bootstrap extension. The results were highly acceptable, and we agree to share this with the community so to help and improve it for the benefit of everybody.
I truly hope it helps you build beautiful applications and to easy some of the challenges you face. Would be great to have your support to improve, as by helping the community, you will help Yii, and that will always be good for all us.[![YiiBooster](http://yii-booster.clevertech.biz/images/yii-booster-snap.png "YiiBooster")](http://yii-booster.clevertech.biz)
YiiBooster is a collection of widgets that will ease the task of developing Yii applications, as well as, giving your application a little boost. Basically, YiiBooster tackles the most common challenges that Yii developers face while trying to enhance their applications.
Widget List ¶
- Button groups
- Button dropdowns
- Navigational tabs, pills, and lists
- Labels and badges
- Typographic components
- Progress bars
- Tables and Grids
- JQuery UI Bootstrap Theme
- JSON Grid
- Extended Grid
- Extended Summaries
- Grid/Chart Switcher
- Bootstrap Editable Widgets
- Image Column
- Inline Editing Columns
- Toggle Columns
- Calculated Sums
- Picker Columns
- Extended Tooltips
- and many more...
For more information on how to get started with the library plus tons of examples per widget, please visit YiiBooster Site.
Even though the library was built on top of Yii-Bootstrap and we have kept the configuration of YiiBooster and the naming conventions in honor of Chris, it is not compatible with it. We have made lots of changes plus many enhancements.
This is also true for the JQuery plugins within. We had to modify them to work with the widgets and provide the expected functionality.
Performance Issues ¶
If you think that YiiBooster is running your application slow, is due that the Bootstrap.php Component placed on the components folder registers its assets per request for debugging purposes. You can easily turn off this behavior by removing the YII_DEBUG variable from the getAssetsUrl function.
This issue will be solved in version 1.0.6. where that behavior will be configurable.
Resources and Download ¶Contribute to this library through our Github repository.
- YiiBooster Forum
- YiiBooster Site
- YiiBooster Github repository
- YiiBooster Zipball
- YiiBoilerplate Github repository
- YiiBoilerplate Zipball
Change Log ¶
- December/08/2012 Updated to version 1.0.5
November/25/2012 Update to version 1.0.4
- Lots of bug fixes and enhancements
- New Widgets:
- TbMarkDownEditorJs (thanks @kazoo)
- TbCKEditor (v.4)
- TbGridView now supports responsive design
- TbBox can now hold any type of buttons (Thanks @dragnet)
- Bootstrap Gallery plugin is also part of the framework
- And much more
October/27/2012 Update to version 1.0.3
- Lots of bug fixes
- TbDatePicker plugin refactor to avoid conflicts with JQuery.UI and TbEditable
- Added TbColorPlugin (thanks Yiqing-95)
- Added TbSortableAction for ajax saving sortable rows (thanks magefad)
- TbToggleColumn (thanks magefad)
- TbExtendedGridView now supports all IDataProvider
October/22/2012 Update to version 1.0.2
- Lots of bug fixes
- Added Form Builder support (thanks Joe!)
- Added TbToggleButton widget
- Added TbWizard
- Added TbTabView
October/18/2012 Updated to version 1.0.1
- Issues fixed and enhancements added from #1 to #33 at github
well-built beautifully designed web applications