Some web applications require a module to manage documents for logged in users. Yii2-docvault includes the folowing features:
- Manage document categories
- Manage documents
- Upload a new document
- Set view/modify permissions
- Check out a document
- Check in a document
- View modification logs
- See my blogpost.
Here is how to install Yii2-docvault using composer. Installation is a quick and easy three-step process.
Step 1: Download Yii2-docvault using composer ¶
Add the following line to the require section of your composer.json file:
Run composer update to download and install Yii2-docvault.
Step 2: Configure your application ¶
Add following lines to the modules section in your main configuration file (e.g. config/main.php):
'modules' => [ 'docvault' => [ 'class' => 'diggindata\docvault\Module', 'dataDir' => '@app/data', // Alias to data directory ], ],
Step 3: Update database schema ¶
NOTE: Make sure that you have properly configured db application component.
After you downloaded and configured Yii2-docvault, the last thing you need to do is updating your database schema by applying the migrations:
$ php yii migrate/up --migrationPath=@vendor/diggindata/yii2-docvault/migrations
- Feb. 4, 2015 v0.0.8
- Document Permissions: removed debug
- Document: added attribute label for file
- Item Views: added button group
- Documents List/Add button: added categoryId if _GET DocumentSearch exists
- Feb. 3, 2015: v0.0.6
- Fixed Log tableName
- Permissions: added 'All Users'
- Documents: Enhanced _search form; added 'Checked Out ' icon
- Feb. 2, 2015: Initial version