Supports single and multi-blog applications.
The Linkback Extension consists of two parts: a Linkback server that accepts Linkback pings from remote clients, and a Linkback client that generates Linkback pings to remote servers.
Linkback Server ¶
The Linkback server consists of two parts, each separately configured:
- LinkbackAutoDiscovery – generates Pingback and TrackBack server auto-discovery code
- LinkbackController – implements the Pingback and TrackBack servers
LinkbackAutoDiscovery generates the local Linkback server auto-discovery code and inserts it into posts. It is added as a filter to the controller action that displays posts.
LinkbackController implements the Pingback and TrackBack servers. It is configured using the CWebApplication::controllerMap property in the application's configuration file.
Linkback Client ¶
LinkbackClientBehavior implements the Pingback and TrackBack clients. It is attached to the posts controller using the CController::behaviours() method; the LinkbackClientBehavior::linkback() method is called from the action that displays a post.
Please download the manual for full documentation on installation, usage, and the API.
- Yii 1.1.7 or above
- Extract the release file under
protected/extensionsin the application or in your blogging module.
Change Log ¶
30 March 2011 = V3.0 ¶
- Better separation of server and client functionality
- Simplified usage
- Auto-generation of client DB tables
- Manual with full installation and usage instructions, API, and example code
- Events on linkback registration
20 June 2010 - V2.0 ¶
- Changed client to a filter. This greatly simplifies generation of pingback and trackback auto-discover code (thanks to Qiang for pointing this out)
8 June 2010 - V1.2.1 ¶
- Added $validate and $scenario properties to LinkbackController These are passed to the linkback model when the linkback is registered and define what - if any - validation rules apply.
8 June 2010 - V1.1.1 ¶
- Fixed a bug with Trackback excerpt handling in LinkbackController
- Made log category consistent with Yii
- Added error handling example to LinkbackBehavior documentation
6 June 2010 - V1.1 ¶
- Encapsulated generation of pingback and trackback auto-discover code.
- Changed LinkbackBehavior::linkback() signature
4 June 2010 ¶
- Initial release.