EColorPicker is an input widget with a color picker palette which is jQuery based. You can consider this Yii widget as a wrapper for that jQuery plugin.
Current version: 1.6
- Yii 1.0 or above
- Extract the release file under
See the following code example:
$this->widget('application.extensions.colorpicker.EColorPicker', array( 'name'=>'cp', 'mode'=>'textfield', 'fade' => false, 'slide' => false, 'curtain' => true, ) );
There are 3 modes for the plugin: flat, selector and textfield. The most useful mode is textinput, since it places the color in a text input field of a form, which can be read using $_POST.
In textfield mode you can use 3 kind of effects to display the palette in a fancier way: fade, slide and curtain. Just set the desire effect to true in the widget's parameters. You can also adjust the delay of the effect by using the timeFade, timeSlide and timeCurtain parameters.
You can pass a starting color value by setting the value parameter to an hexadecimal RGB value.
Change Log ¶
- Version 1.6 - Changed the way the name attribute is generated.
- Version 1.4 - This should have been uploaded on 20081203, $value must be public, not private.
- Version 1.3 - Fixed bug which prevented the correct URL generation under Windows(tm)
- Version 1.2 - Using value instead of color (which was redundant :S )
- Version 1.1 - Fixed bug: the id used for the element was changed and could not be easily retrieved with $_POST