Wizard Behavoir is an extension that simplifies the handling of multi-step forms.
- Data persistence
- Plot-Branching Navigation (PBN)
- Next/Previous or Forward Only navigation
- Optional step timeout
- Invalid step handling
- All steps submit to the same URL (contoller/action); this greatly simplifies routes
- Save and recover wizards between sessions
- Utility methods for use in views to assist navigation
Developed using Yii 1.1.6. Should work with all versions
The Very Brief Version ¶
- Set up the steps array in the Wizard Behavior configuration
- Attach Wizard Behavior to a controller
- Call WizardBehavior's process() method from the desired action
- Handle the events that WizardBehavior raises
The Long Version ¶
Please see the the manual for full details on using Wizard Behavior - it also fully documents the API and contains example code, and/or download the demo application.
Plot-Branching Navigation (PBN) ¶
PBN allows a wizard to change the path depending on a response from a user. A simple example: you ask the user their gender; you can then take a different path through the wizard presenting gender specific forms depending on their response.
Wizard Behavior was inspired by the CakePHP Wizard Component: http://github.com/jaredhoyt