I recently created a project called Yii-App on GitHub to kickstart my development of smaller Yii applications. The main goal of the project is to provide a ready-to-use application template that includes my bootstrap extension and many other useful extensions. After reading this article you will be able to use this project as a starting point for all of your Yii projects.
Setting up your project using Yii-App is a breeze, it shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes. Follow the steps below and you'll be ready in no time.
- Download the project from the GitHub page or clone it using git.
- Go to Yii downloads and download the latest stable release of Yii and place in the yii folder.
- Configure your application through main.php and params.php
- Open your project in a browser and test that it works
- Start developing your application!
What's included ¶
Yii-App comes with a toolbelt of extensions:
- Yii-Bootstrap Twitter Bootstrap widgets
- Yii-LESS LESS compiler with support for both client- and server-side compilation
- IMG Image management and versioning
- Yii-Auth User interface for access control
- Yii-SEO Search engine optimization
- YiiPasswords Strong password using BCrypt
- Yii-Multilingual Multilingual support
If you have any questions regarding the use of the extensions please consult the extension documentation. I have developed most of the extensions included so I'll keep them up-to-date and provide full support for them also in the future.
Thank you for reading. Feel free to leave your comments below.