RBAC chapter 8 issues with checkAccess

hello,

i have an issue with going through the yii book on chapter 8. I’m using the latest YII, which I knew would make for an interesting time, but most of the answers are located in the forum.

Now, I’m stuck at the end of RBAC implementation, specifically the call “Yii::app()->user->checkAccess(‘createUser’,array(‘project’=>$model))” found in pages 211-212 throws a silent error “internal server error” on my local host with nothing in the apache, php, or application.log.

I tried to followed the error inside of CWebUser::checkAccess and tried to dump or echo out the different vars inside of conditional statements.

When I looked here “if($allowCaching && $params===array() && isset($this->_access[$operation]))” and tried to call this individually “$this->_access[$operation]” it would error saying that there’s no value with the key “createUser” inside of _access. This may not be it, but it’s the only thing I could find weird inside of that function.

I’m at a bit of a loss when trying to find how _access is populated, if anyone has any leads it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Check out this post.

My own personal discovery of how to use checkAccess and other stuff.

doodle