This extension gets and displays weather forecast data from a data provider.
Three providers are provided "out-of-the-box":
- BBC Weather: Detailed forecast for three days in advance.
- Google Weather: Description and min/max temperatures for four days in advance
- Yahoo: Forecast for two days - but the only documented API
The widget supports cacheing to reduce bandwidth in high load applications. Cacheing is on a provider::location basis so if you have forecasts for multiple locations and/or are using multiple providers on a page each is cached.
Comes with CSS and a symbol set, both of which can be overidden with your own.
The release file contains full documentation.
- Yii 1.0 or above
- Extract weatherForecast directory in the release file under
- Extract the documentation directory to a location of your choice.
See the following code example:
$this->widget('application.extensions.widgets.weatherForecast.WeatherForecast', array( 'provider'=>'BBC', 'params' => array( 'location'=>'40', // BBCWeather::Paris 'units' => 'C' ), 'cache'=>array( 3600, // Cache up to one hour new CExpressionDependency("date('H)") // Expire the cache at the top of the hour ) ));
Change Log ¶
October 13, 2009 ¶
- Initial release.
October 18, 2009 ¶
- Now uses Yii DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR constant