Revision #29 has been created by Yang He on Jun 30, 2012, 3:10:08 PM with the memo:
Removed broken Chinese version link
« previous (#20) next (#33) »
NetBeans IDE and Yii projects
IDE, Selenium, PHPUnit, XDebug, NetBeans
This page is created to supply short directions and general tips for managing a Yii application in NetBeans IDE.
To run functional tests and unit tests in Yii, recommended is installing PHPUnit and SeleniumRC.
- Install PHPUnit
- Follow [the official version 3.6 installation instructions](http://www.phpunit.de/manual/3.6/en/installation.html).
- Open "Tools > Options > PHP > Unit Testing" and set the correct path to the launch script. This is phpunit.bat in Windows and usually /usr/bin/phpunit in Linux.
- Install SeleniumRC by getting the NetBeans plugin
- Open "Tools > Plugins > Available Plugins"
- Install "Selenium Module for PHP"
- Configure project options
- Open "File > Project properties > Sources" and set "Test Folder" to \[PROJECT ROOT\]/protected/tests (If the whole project testing doesn't work, try \[PROJECT ROOT\]/protected/tests/unit)
- Open "File > Project properties > PHPUnit" and set "Use Bootstrap" to \[PROJECT ROOT\]/protected/tests/bootstrap.php, and "Use XML Configuration" to \[PROJECT ROOT\]/protected/tests/phpunit.xml
- Test whole project: Alt+F6
- Test single file: Shift-F6
- Check code coverage (right click project > Code Coverage)
## Code completion
To get context sensitive code completion, follow these steps:
- Include Yii folder (assuming it is properly placed outside project directory)
- Open "File > Project properties > PHP Include Path" and add the Yii framework root path
- Ignore yiilite.php to avoid doubled/missing documentation
- Open "Tools > Options > Miscellaneous > Files"
- Add to the front of "Files Ignored by the IDE" the file "^(_yiilite\\.php_|CVS|SCCS|...."
- Restart NetBeans
- Code completion in view files.
- Add the following PHPDoc statement at the head of the file to use code completion in view files. (you may add additional passed parameters as well)
/* @var $this PostController */
/* @var $model Post */
$this->getSomeProValue(); // possible with code completion
$model->author; // possible with code completion
- Typing suggestions: Ctrl-Space
- Show Function parameters: Ctrl-P
- Comment your own code with PHPDoc style. [Here's a good example](http://manual.phpdoc.org/HTMLSmartyConverter/HandS/phpDocumentor/tutorial_sample2.pkg.html).
- Install Xdebug (usually already available in your installation):
- Follow [the official installation instructions](http://xdebug.org/docs/install).
- Include the Xdebug extension for PHP:
- In php.ini enable (by removing ; prefix) these settings: <pre>zend_extension = "C:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable = 1
xdebug.remote_handler = "dbgp"
xdebug.remote_host = "localhost"
xdebug.remote_port = 9000</pre>
- Debug project: Ctrl-F5
- Use breakpoints, walk through running code, and watch variables and objects in real-time. :)
- If you want to stop the debugger from pausing on the first line for every request, simply turn that "feature" off by clicking: Tools > Options > PHP > Debugging > Stop at First Line (uncheck)
## Got problems or questions?
Do NOT post a comment on this wiki page, but go to the forums:
- [Chinese version](http://www.itkuaixun.com/bbs/thread-216-1-1.html "Chinese version")