wizard-behavior + activerecord

Hi!

I am using wizard-behavior extension, but I do not understand how to swith to CActiveRecord.

Tutorial says something like this:

$model = new Address();	

$model->attributes = $event->data;

$form = $model->getForm();

if (($form->submitted() || $form->submitted('save_draft')) && $form->validate()) {

$event->sender->save($model->attributes);

$event->handled = true;

}

But I do not have "$form = $model->getForm();" as I am using activerecord instead. I am creating my form in the following way:

<?php $form = $this->beginWidget('GxActiveForm', array(

'id' => 'address-form',

'enableAjaxValidation' => true, //GxActiveForm extends CActiveForm

));

?>

<?php echo $form->textField($model, 'street', array('maxlength' => 128)); ?>

[/code]

FormModel doesn’t have that function either.

It’s a feature of the models used by the wizard.

Don’t use active forms, just create and update the db models in your wizard form model.

As I am new to YII, could please give me an example how my processStep should look like:

[code]

$model = new Address(); //model is address - street, city etc.

$model->attributes = $event->data;

// how to check here if form is submitted and if submitted then:

if (submitted)????

{

$event->sender->save($model->attributes);

$event->handled = true;

}

$this->render(‘wizardForm’,

array(	'event'=&gt;&#036;event

, 'model'=&gt;&#036;model				

));

The processStep handler generally looks like an action would do for a single form, except it usually doesn’t save anything to the model; that’s usually done in the finished handler.

Take a look at the manual (PDF Manual) which contains code snippets, and/or download the demo (ZIP file) and take a look.

BTW, I write a getForm() method for my models that returns the form for that model - change the “$form = $model->getForm();” to the way you choose to get your form instance; after that it’s just a form.

Actually I understand everything about wizard,

I do not understand how to getform of model in my case.

Before I used if (isset($_POST[‘Address’]) to check if form was posted, but this do not work for this case.

I need to get form (as mentioned in post above - writing getForm) that was posted, do not no how to get it.

Hello there renathy…

Im start using the wizad behavior ext, and i need to ask…

Can you figure it out how to use it with activerecord?

Do i have to write on AR’s models the getForm method?

Also ask you if the aproach publish in this topic (http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16471-wizard-behavior/page__st__20) nro.22 works for you?

Thankyou…