The Definitive Guide to Yii 2.0 ¶
This tutorial is released under the Terms of Yii Documentation.
All Rights Reserved.
2014 (c) Yii Software LLC.
- Installation - How to download Yii and configure the Web server?
- Basic Application Template - A template to start a basic frontend application.
- Advanced Application Template - The basis for more advanced applications.
- Creating your own Application structure - Learn how to start from scratch.
Base concepts ¶
- Basic Concepts - The Object and Component class, Path aliases and autoloading
- Configuration - Configuration of a Yii application
- MVC - Implementation of MVC in Yii and a typical MVC application flow
- Model - The Yii Model provides Attributes, Scenarios and data Validation
- View - Rendering Views applying layouts, using Widgets and asset management
- Controller - controller actions, routing and action filters
- Event Handling - The Yii event handling mechanism
- Basics - Connecting to a database, basic queries, transactions and schema manipulation
- Query Builder - Querying the database using a simple abstraction layer
- ActiveRecord - The active record ORM, retrieving and manipulating records and defining relations
- Database Migration - Versioning your database with database migration
Developers Toolbox ¶
Extensions and 3rd party libraries ¶
- Composer - How to manage applications dependencies via composer
- Extending Yii
- Template engines - Using template engines such as Smarty or Twig
- Using Yii together with 3rd-Party Systems - Using Yii in 3rd-Party Systems and using Yii 1 and 2 together
Security and access control ¶
- Authentication - Identifying Users
- Authorization - Access control and RBAC
- Security - Hashing and verifying passwords, encryption
- Views security - how to prevent XSS
Data providers, lists and grids ¶
Advanced Topics ¶
- Asset Management
- Working with forms
- Implementing RESTful Web Service APIs
- Bootstrap widgets - Using twitter bootstrap
- Caching - Caching data, page fragments and http requests
- Internationalization - Message translation and formatting
- URL Management - routing, customized urls and SEO
- Console Application
- Performance Tuning
- Managing Test Fixtures
- Service Locator and Dependency Injection