We are running one frontend running NGINX and several app servers running Apache2.
There are several issues we have come across but right now I'll be documenting one of them. I'll be completing this article when I get more time.
When using CListView to display multiple views next to each other, we can use the $index variable inside the viewFile to achieve this. As far as i know there is no extension or out-of-the-box functionality for this, so we need to apply a little hack:
Created 2 years ago by Boaz – Tips – 0 comments – viewed 15,694 times
( +5 )
When you're filling up a form of a CActiveRecord (using CActiveForm for example), usually you'll construct your code so that in case of validation error you'll get back the form with the error displayed back to you, typically when CActiveForm.errorSummary() is used. This is how its done by Gii.
Changing the way a CGridView is rendered from the configuration file, or through behaviors specified at the moment it is used, is handy to extend a CGridView without creating tons of different classes for it.
I am surprised that this is not in the default implementation, so I made my default CGridView implementation.
After a lot of research, everything I found on adding date range searching to a CGridView advanced search form seemed to involve adding two new public variables (e.g. $date_from, $date_to), 'safe' rules for the new variables, and a rather chunky if/elseif/else check in the search() method. This probably isn't a hassle for most, but because many of the tables in my database contain two or three and sometimes four date columns (e.g. date_created, date_modified, date_deleted etc.), it meant I was having to add up to eight public variables, the corresponding safe rules, and modifying the search() criteria for each date attribute. So, I set about creating a better way and I thought I'd share my work with the community.
Backoffice Grid Views often list information like Posts for a blog while showing at the same time linked information like the User who wrote that post.
For more efficiency, it is appropriate that the User is displayed as a link to the User detail page.
The article Fixing extensions without modifying their code reminded me of another patching technique that I used. My conviction and a hard look on the web had led me to an article Redefine PHP class methods or class giving me a head start to do what I wanted: patching third party code without touching the original to allow easy upgrades.