Yii Framework and it's size

Hi!

I don’t know where exactly should I post this question, so I’ll place it here.

Yii /framework folder contains 1360 files (8,19 MB) which is quite a big amount of files.

I was wondering if using yiilite.php will reduce all these files to just one - yiilite, but it looks like my applications still wants some files from "/framework" directory.

Is there any way to decrease production size of Yii framework application ?

All files there are required files by the framework, I don’t think if there is (or even possible) to have a reduced size framework. Reducing size means reducing functionality.

You could possible remove some of the translations. That’s where the bulk of the files are.

Since yiilite.php contains most core classes, you could try the following, but it could be very cumbersome:

[list=1][]Create your own framework directory and only copy yiilite.php into that folder[]Copy all asset files (js/css/gif) and packages.php from web/js to web/js in your directory[*]If you use zii widgets: copy all classfiles you use from zii including their assets to your directory[/list]

You could start by copying only the basic files first and check if your application throws an error or any asset file could not get loaded (firebug). Add missing classes step by step. In the end you should have the smallest footprint possible.

Thank you for your replies. In comparison to ex. Symfony, Yii is not so bad if it’s about the size. I just wanted to improve upload to FTP time, but using SSH solved my problem.