blocSonic

Previously blocsonic.com was built with Ruby on Rails. I got sick of dealing with the many, many crashes and sluggishness. I decided to port it to PHP. After about a year and trying out an extensive number of PHP frameworks, Yii clicked and seemed the perfect fit for me.

Ladies and gents… http://blocsonic.com

It looks pretty good to me! The homepage is a bit slow. You may consider improving its speed by using fragment caching.

Yeah, I haven't touched caching yet. I wanted to get it launched successfully first and then tackle the caching issue.

I'll definitely do so.

Nice! first site I've seen made with Yii that actually has a significant amount of dynamic content.

Thanks Jonah!

I've begun implementing fragment and data caching on the home page. I notice an improvement.

If you have time, maybe you can share with us your experience in using Yii. I definitely want to hear feedback so that we can make Yii better and better.

If you are using a dedicated server, you may also consider using server caching techniques. For example, you may consider squid, which will make your pages significantly faster.

Yeah, it's been a hectic couple months and will take a breather for a few days, but once I catch my wind and have a bit of time, I'll be sure to post a few thoughts.

As blocSonic is a profitless side-project at the moment, I'm currently hosted on a shared server. I'll definitely keep server caching in mind when I do make the move to a dedicated server.

It´s nice to see something well done as this app made with YII, I´m a newbie and I´m looking for the way to improve my apps made in other frameworks.

Best regards!

Thanks ing.espitaleta :)