Arcade Lion - find publicly playable arcade machines

I’ve recently launched ArcadeLion.uk - an application where users can submit the locations of arcade machines they spot in public places like bars, amusements, bowling alleys etc. to enable others to find them.

It’s based on Yii 1.1 (I haven’t made the jump up to v2 yet). It’s the second app I’ve made with Yii and I have to say I find it a joy to use. So intuitive with a great community. Everything I’ve ever needed to be able to do I’ve been able to from either searching these forums or from Jeffrey Winesett’s book.

The app is very much an “MVP”. I’m no designer and not much of a developer so I’m aware it’s a bit rough round the edges. I still have lots of optimisation, SEO and accessibility work to do, but it was getting to the point where if I didn’t launch something I was going to just give up on it.

I’d like to get more involved in the Yii community. I’m still in that beginner mindset though, so nervous about giving bad advice from inexperience.

Any feedback or ideas would be really welcome. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 21.06.28.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 21.09.46.png

its not so bad the design actually looks good. can you add it to yiipowered.com when you get a chance

thank you for sharing with us.

Thanks alrazi - that’s kind of you to say.

Yep, I’ve uploaded to YiiPowered.com as well.