Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) using rbac

I am using rbac for setting permissions to each user and check permission for each action using if Yii::$app->user->can() method.

For example, if (Yii::$app->user->can(‘View-all-Inventory’))

This was working properly until I recently added 2 new permissions in auth-item DB table and allotted them to parent Super-Administrator.

After this, I suddenly started getting following fatal error:

Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) using rbac

I checked and applied many solutions for this, but this error remains as it. I can see this error on my localhost using xampp and also at live server.

I have increased memory limit to 256M and further increased upto 512M. Still I am getting same error. I disabled Yii2 debugger and set environment to LIVE. Still it didnot help. I was getting error in getChildrenRecursive function with logger. Further debugging, I found that when I comment code inside public function checkAccess and simply return true, everything seems to be working as before with no more errors. Commenting this is temporary solution, but i had to this on LIVE server to avoid errors on LIVE site.

But, I think the issue is with recursive function checkAccessRecursive. It is being recursively called many times which causes memory limit to exhaust. Can you please suggest how to optimize this function , I have only 2 level of hierarchy i.e one parent has many children but any child donot have further children.

I am struck and not sure how to sort this and allow access using permissions.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance!

Did you maybe create a recursion in your RBAC history by mistake? Same item as parent and child?

Wrong sub-forum, by the way.

No , there are only 134 records in tblauth_item_child table. I have different parent names like admin, manager etc and completely different children name like edit-profile, view-inventory etc. So, same item and same child cannot be there.

I debugged a little and found the error occurs when this part of function is executed in protected function checkAccessRecursive { }

$query = new Query;

$parents = $query->select(['parent'])

->from($this->itemChildTable)

->where(['child' => $itemName])

->column($this->db);

foreach ($parents as $parent) {

if ($this->checkAccessRecursive($user, $parent, $params, $assignments)) {

return true;

}

}

When i comment this and add this code, this error is resolved.

foreach ($assignments as $a) {

//echo "<pre>";

//print_r($a);

$roleName = $a->roleName;

$res = Yii::$app->db->createCommand("SELECT * FROM `tblauth_item_child` WHERE `parent` = '".$roleName."' AND `child` LIKE '".$itemName."'");

if ($res){

return true;

exit;

} 

}

But I am getting errors in other function like:

Calling unknown method: yii\rbac\DbManager::getItems()

Thanks

Both this recursive functions are causing memory limit when we check permission for each action in controller.

/**

* Performs access check for the specified user.

* This method is internally called by [[checkAccess()]].

* @param string|integer $user the user ID. This should can be either an integer or a string representing

* the unique identifier of a user. See [[\yii\web\User::id]].

* @param string $itemName the name of the operation that need access check

* @param array $params name-value pairs that would be passed to rules associated

* with the tasks and roles assigned to the user. A param with name 'user' is added to this array,

* which holds the value of `$userId`.

* @param Assignment[] $assignments the assignments to the specified user

* @return boolean whether the operations can be performed by the user.

*/

protected function checkAccessRecursive($user, $itemName, $params, $assignments)

{

if (($item = $this->getItem($itemName)) === null) {

return false;

}

Yii::trace($item instanceof Role ? "Checking role: $itemName" : "Checking permission: $itemName", __METHOD__);

if (!$this->executeRule($user, $item, $params)) {

return false;

}

if (isset($assignments[$itemName]) || in_array($itemName, $this->defaultRoles)) {

return true;

}

$query = new Query;

$parents = $query->select(['parent'])

->from($this->itemChildTable)

->where(['child' => $itemName])

->column($this->db);

foreach ($parents as $parent) {

if ($this->checkAccessRecursive($user, $parent, $params, $assignments)) {

return true;

}

}

return false;

}

/**

* Recursively finds all children and grand children of the specified item.

* @param string $name the name of the item whose children are to be looked for.

* @param array $childrenList the child list built via [[getChildrenList()]]

* @param array $result the children and grand children (in array keys)

*/

protected function getChildrenRecursive($name, $childrenList, &$result)

{		

if (isset($childrenList[$name])) {

foreach ($childrenList[$name] as $child) {

$result[$child] = true;

$this->getChildrenRecursive($child, $childrenList, $result);

}

} 

}

May be they are getting into never ending loops which causes memory limit error.