$model->attributes

I used to have a user update from my blog model in 1.0.11 with :

public function actionUpdate()

{ $model=$this->loadUser();

if(isset($_POST['User']))         

{

$model->attributes=$_POST['User'];

This worked well when a user makes an update action (in 1.0.11). I Just tested it on DiscardedTeenz.com which still is on Yii framework 1.0.11.

However, I am testing a migration from the blog model to 1.1.0 with the just new dev.discardedteenz.com

(because I intend to release later this blog snippets and code when it’s clean enough.)

>:( The problem is, in Yii framework yii-1.1.0.r1700. I can’t update anymore with the above code.

I inserted :

var_dump($_POST['User']);echo "<br/>";

var_dump($model->attributes);echo "<br/>";

This is what I see:

The first array is $_POST[‘User’]. I have the new about: I am a demo user

The second array is $model->attributes, after

$model->attributes=$_POST['User']

the array dimensions shows the affectation didn’t happen well, and the about is the old one : I wrote Moira .

Is this broken in 1.1.0.r1700 ? Maybe I got wrong somewhere ??

How to bypass this cleanly ?

attribute "about" is "safe"

[i]In version 1.1, an attribute is considered safe if it appears in a validationrule that is applicable in the given scenario.

edit

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/guide/form.model#securing-attribute-assignments

[/i]

Muchas gracias for the link.

Good to remind a few things.

In fact im my model I have :

public function safeAttributes()

{

return array('username','password','status', 'banned','about','email',

'url','password_repeat','verifyCode','usernameoremail','created','lastlogin','newsletter','_lang');

}

May-be that’s not enough ? ???

nop

put

public function rules()

{

return array(

array('about','safe'),

);

}

YYEEESSSS !

It works.

From your link :

[b]In version 1.1, an attribute is considered safe if it appears in a validation rule that is applicable in the given scenario. For example,

[/b]

That’s true. The other attributes from the user were mentioned in rules except for my “about”. So it worked when I added

array('about','safe'),

Reading :

I am wondering if the public function safeAttributes() is still of any use in 1.1 ?

There is no safeAttributes() method in 1.1. anymore. There is only safeAttributesNames(), which returns names of attributes you declared "safe" in rules().