How to check if a controller exists

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea on how to check if a controller exists based on a name? I’m working on a custom Url manager and I need to check first whether a route is a controller name (ie value is “site” > points to SiteController). So I’m trying to figure out a fast way to check if there is a SiteController class. I don’t think I could use class_exists() though because the controller class probably hasn’t been loaded yet. Right now I’m using CWebApplication::createController() which may not be a good idea.

Thanks

file_exists() ?

Were you able to find a solution, I am looking for the exact same thing?

Can you share your working code?

Dear Friend

We can do it in the following way.

function isControllerExists($id) //$id is controllerID eg)post,user

{

$i=ucfirst($id);

$controllerPath=Yii::app()->getControllerPath();

return file_exists($controllerPath.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$i."Controller.php");//returns boolean

}

echo isControllerExists('user');//return 1 if there is UserController.php in controller folder.

Regards.

this sounds to me that doesn’t resolve modules

Dear Friend

Declare the following function in Controller.php (From which all the controllers are derived).

public function isControllerExists($id)

{

$id=ucfirst($id);

$controllerPath=($this->module==null)?Yii::app()->controllerPath:$this->module->controllerPath;

return file_exists($controllerPath.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$id."Controller.php");

}

Now anywhere in your application

You can do it.

echo $this->isControllerExists("default");

If it is a module it looks into the controller folder inside the module.Else it looks into main application controller folder.

Regards.