Reset Defaultscope In Relation

Hi, all!

On my work many times used defaultScope, which defines not-deleted models and only in garbage it need to disable. Yii (my version 1.1.14) can’t reset defaultScope with a ‘scope’ key in relations. To rewrite all framework models need too many time, so I make a little patch for two classes CAvtiveRecord and CActiveFinder:

diff --git a/framework/db/ar/CActiveFinder.php b/framework/db/ar/CActiveFinder.php

index a93fd3b..62c3a92 100644

--- a/framework/db/ar/CActiveFinder.php

+++ b/framework/db/ar/CActiveFinder.php

@@ -246,7 +246,7 @@ class CActiveFinder extends CComponent

if(!empty($options['scopes']))

$scopes=array_merge($scopes,(array)$options['scopes']); // no need for complex merging

-			$model->resetScope(false);

+			$model->resetScope(isset($relation->resetDefaultScope) ? $relation->resetDefaultScope : false);

$criteria=$model->getDbCriteria();

$criteria->scopes=$scopes;

$model->beforeFindInternal();

diff --git a/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php b/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php

index c40c5b8..4e845a6 100644

--- a/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php

+++ b/framework/db/ar/CActiveRecord.php

@@ -2152,6 +2152,10 @@ class CActiveRelation extends CBaseActiveRelation

* @since 1.1.7

*/

public $through;

+	/**

+	 * @var boolean whether reset default scope for relations

+	 */

+	public $resetDefaultScope;

/**

* Merges this relation with a criteria specified dynamically.

@@ -2195,6 +2199,9 @@ class CActiveRelation extends CBaseActiveRelation

if(isset($criteria['together']))

$this->together=$criteria['together'];

+

+		if(isset($criteria['resetDefaultScope']))

+			$this->resetDefaultScope=$criteria['resetDefaultScope'];

}

}

Patch for crazy people like me - when framework updated it will need to patch again =)

Do you mean you overwrote framework files directly?

That’s very unhandy and a really bad practice.

You can extend framework classes, putting a new class (e.g. YourActiveRecord or whatever), for example, into /components folder (I usually have a specific folder for such framework extended classes inside of /components). Then you may extend your models from a new class (YourActiveRecord). This way you don’t need to hack framework directly and may implement anything you need.

And welcome to forum :)

Yeah, I know about it. I was trying to make an extended class with a necessary overloaded methods, but that action pulling many related requirements, like as private variables in the CActiveRecord and CActiveFinder classes (and in C***Relation classes too), so there need to patching a framework classes anyway.

I killed a two day to try a true-way, but a lot of extraneous errors pops up (of course related with inheritance).

As you can see, I patched CActiveRelation class, and if we make extended on it classes *Relation we need to overload CActiveRecord (constants and two methods getActiveFinder and getRelated) and CActiveFinder (buildJoinTree as minimal, and some other to correct a conditions). In result - boom(!), we got troubles with private variables, about I told you early.

Based on this, I don’t know what would be better - rewrite many framework classes or a tiny patch.