Installing Yii 2 Demo Application

[font="Arial,"][size="4"]i am trying to install yii 2 and to run the basic or advanced application.[/size][/font]

[font="Arial,"][size="4"]i have tried the steps given here Setting up preview of Yii2 to do this.[/size][/font]

[font="Arial,"][size="4"]the steps i followed,[/size][/font]

[font="Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif"][size="4"]1 - Installed the composer[/size][/font]

[font="Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif"][size="4"]2 - Use composer to install the app alongwith dependencies(Yii): php path/to/composer.phar create-project --stability=dev yiisoft/yii2-app-basic my_yii2_trial[/size][/font]

[font="Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif"][size="4"]3 - Access app from http://localhost/my_yii2_trial/web[/size][/font]

[font="Arial,"]The problem is, i am getting this syntax error.[/font]

[font=“Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif”][size=“4”]Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[’, expecting ‘)’ in D:\xampp\htdocs\my_yii2_trial\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\yii\Yii.php on line 25 [/size][/font]

[font="Arial,"]can any body help to resolver this issue pls[/font]

[font="Arial,"]

[/font]

[font="Arial, Liberation Sans, DejaVu Sans, sans-serif"][size="4"]Thanks in advance,[/size][/font]

Is there at least a proper article to refer to install this and view the demo application?

Seems like you have php < 5.4.

Check the requirements.

Thanks a lot ORey. i had php 5.3 in my xampp. just updated to php 5.4 and now it works.

Please help, i am getting this

D:\xampp\htdocs\vector>composer update

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[’ in D:\xampp\htdocs\vector\vendor\yiisoft\yii2-composer\Installer.php on line 82