Multiple Controler-View Usage: Widgets, Ajax, Iframes Or What?

Hi!

Days and days are passing since I have first started to work on this problem and I am becoming a desperate:)

Let’s say I have MVC structure that provides me possibility of searching and browsing tasks:

M: Task, C: TaskController, and CRUD to search and browse tasks, just to watch all of them.

Let’s say I have another MVC branch that provides some task plans management:

M: TaskPlan, C: TaskPlanController, and some CRUD.

Now I wanted to put a task search functionality in a task plans create view, to build a task plan (eg. two divs - one searching the Tasks, second is the calendar). I already have done a lot of coding with Task search functionality and it works, with ajax and all.

The problem is, that it seems, that Yii does not provide possibility of some smooth embedding this functionality in a TaskPlanview views (or any view other than the TaskController ones). It seems, that I have to write the same actions in a TaskPlanController, to drive the search task function (since "it is not good to call different controller action").

Of course writing the same code in two controllers is crazy idea in my opinion.

Widgets are mainly for views - and I think Task ajax actions should be in TaskController, not in widgets.

I was thinking of iframes - but "it is not good to create many Yii::app() instances".

Ajax would be nice, but then no search engines will see some of the page.

So, is it time to admit, that Yii can’t handle the problem?:)