Can some body show how to validate a date yyyy-mm-dd?

Hi,

Can some body advice how to validate a date input, with format yyyy-mm-dd? I look through the doc, no built-in validator for this.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

What about regex validator? #\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}#

Thanks. But its not working… :(

public function rules()

{

return array(

array('fromDate', 'required'),

array('fromDate', 'match', 'pattern'=>'#\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}#'),

);

}

I try to enter a wrong date format, "2009-ab-12", it no show any error, simply insert into database, with value 0000-00-00…

I has call model->validate(), nothing happen. (This is a CFormModel)

I also tried

public function rules()

{

return array(

array('fromDate', 'required'),

//array('fromDate', 'match', 'pattern'=>'#\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}#'),

array('fromDate', 'validateDate'),

);

}

public function validateDate() {

if (preg_match('#\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}#', $this->fromDate)) {

$this->addError('fromDate', 'Date Error');

}

}

Also no effect…

My problem, forget to put the line model->validate() inside my controller ;D

Thanks guy!

The regular expression is only a partial soluation, you still need to check if the date exists, i.e. 2009-02-30 should yield an error. PHP has the function checkdate(). So you could write your own validator that uses the regex check and checkdate(). I hope that Yii will have a date validator soon, though because of localization its not that easy to implement.

Just for sharing, I found another regexp to validate date after googling around:

array('fromDate', 'match', 'pattern'=>'%\b[0-9]{4}[/.-](?:1[0-2]|0[1-9])[/.-](?:3[01]|[12][0-9]|0[1-9])\b%'),

It checks the format and also the values, e.g,: 9876-54-32 is a valid format in my case, but not a valid date.

Thanks again guys! :lol:

For validate date (for determine is exist this date) you could use this one (I use it in my projects)

public function dateValidator($attribute,$params){

if (!CTimestamp::isValidDate((int)$this->year, (int)$this->month, (int)$this->day)) {

$this->addError($attribute,  'Selected data is invalid');

}

return true;

}