School To Join

This is my first tryst with Yii (it is a fantastic web application framework). My first project was to develop a free portal for schools at http://www.schooltojoin.com In addition to finding your school to join, it is targeted to be a social participation site for school center owners and parents/students. It is free for anyone to register, login, and participate. Please send in your feedback. Will appreciate and welcome all schools and users to enrol and participate from your region.

good job ! … the GUI is very nice … sometimes a little bit too long to load but no big deal.

B)

Thanks for the feedback Raoul… I am still in the process of optimizing for performance and running through google pagespeed insights (to compress, cache etc.). No caching is implemented yet on the live site and I am sure this should take care of the problems. Amazed that inspite of no performance tweaks, Yii still churns out a good performance on the large data, just if your database, page layout, and query design is decent.

Would you like to list your website in showcase?

Sure. Thanks.

Listed

Just for school.

would like to apply to website: www.faucetsexpert.com

Ow!!

Very goodd job my friend!!

I like the GUI :lol:

The Blog and the Forum were also made ​​with Yii?

Thanks Gustavo. The entire site including the forum is built on Yii (except the blog). I needed one unified user authentication and control system for major part of the S2J website. Since most of the necessary user interactions are already supposed to be managed within my Yii site, a complete blogging system with authentication was not immediately needed. The blog on S2J is intended more for articles, news, tutorials and other content management solely to be maintained by the administrator. Hence went for a traditional and well-established CMS for the blog with an attempt to maintain an uniform look and feel.