App In Subfolder Redirecting Automatically To Root

Hi,

I have a Yii app in my webroot directory, and I just started one in a subfolder of the webroot. The subfolder app is barebones created by yiic, with no apparent connections to the webroot application, yet whenever I click on a menu item on the yiic-generated site view, the script is redirected to the webroot index page. The address field of the browser displays the correct url (‘http://mydomain.com/appfolder/site/contact’), but the browser window shows the root app’s site index.

I have not hacked yii, and just to be sure, I deleted the yii framework folder and reinstalled from a newly downloaded release file. When I echo baseUrl in the subfolder app, it returns the correct url.

It sounds like your URL rewriting rules are conflicting. I’d guess all of your requests to a non-existent file are being routed to your original index file. You might be able to set up a rule in your root .htaccess file to ignore requests in that subdirectory.

Thank you. My URL rewriting rules are out of the box. I have not made any changes to what is in URL manager, nor have I messed with any .htaccess files.