User Interface Designer

Greetings:

I work with a group of programmers scattered around the world who build AJAX-centric web applications using Yii.

At present, we’re starting development on a new job application submission system in Yii for use by universities, businesses, and human resource departments. I would like to involve from the beginning someone with a good background in designing clean and efficient user interfaces that make use of AJAX through jQuery as much as possible to speed up the user experience. This could also involve using Twitter’s Bootstrap or jQuery UI as well - open to discussing options.

Right now, this would involve planning and coordination with the programming side, progressing to full development of the UI. Down the road, we would be looking for someone to do the front-facing website for marketing purposes, as well as generate printed marketing material, if this falls under the realm of your expertise as well.

It would be nice to work with someone with experience in, or a willingness to learn, good group development practices through Agile project management, DVCS/github-like solutions, and good communication/documentation skills. Obviously familiarity with at least the "V" part of the MVC architecture used in Yii would be helpful.

If interested, please send me a message and we can go from there. Would be grateful to take a look at your past work in this area. Payment is negotiable, and physical location is not important. Would be ready to start on this as soon as you are, but also flexible as to start date if you’re in the middle of a project now.

All the best,

Scott