Inherit permission from PHPBB3

Hello all,

[Short Story]

I need to restrict some user functionality only to administrator, i have created the user model from phpbb3 user table so i already have access to the user’s group.

Since i’m not so expert with yii i would like to ask which could be the best way to handle this kind of situation.

[Long story]

I’m working on a site which has a forum build with phpbb3. I’m using the phpbb3 user table to login and handle the user administration.

I have created a model based upon the phpbb3 user table so i can access all the user information.

Now i need to restrict some site functionality, like create edit posts and other things, only to administrator.

I can read the user group from the model so i don’t need to implement the RBAC from yii.

What i have in my mind is just to create a function under the user model which return if the user is an administrator and call it under the Create Update Delete function inside the controller.

Anyway, since i’m not so expert with yii i would like to ask which could be the best way to handle this kind of situation.

Thanks,

Dado.