strobemediaplayback

http://www.yiiframework.com/extension/strobemediaplayback/

Looks like I got this extension "working" after implementing the corrections found in the comments.

However, it seems to be stuck with the default "poster".

<?php $this->widget('ext.smp.StrobeMediaPlayback',array(

'src'=>$model->url,

'width'=>'400',

'height'=>'300',

'allowFullScreen'=>'true',

'poster'=>'$model->poster',

'endOfVideoOverlay'=>'$model->poster',

));?>

That doesn’t seem to change the “poster” attribute, even after deleting the contents of assets. However, I go into protected/extensions/smp/StrobeMediaPlayback.php and edit the poster attribute directly, it does work.

Also, I see no "fullscreen" button on the player regardless of the configuration.

in \protected\extensions\smp\StrobeMediaPlayback.php

//line 534 

$this->poster=$this->baseUrl .'/images/poster.png';

change to

if (!$this->poster)

//default poster

$this->poster=$this->baseUrl .'/images/poster.png';

else

//assuming your poster is sitting at \protected\extensions\smp\smp_source\images

//adjust code according where you have your poster image

$this->poster=$this->baseUrl . '/images/'. $this->poster;

try this in your view

<?php $this->widget('ext.smp.StrobeMediaPlayback',array(

'src'=>$model->url,

'width'=>'400',

'height'=>'300',

'allowFullScreen'=>'false',

'poster'=>'tooth.png',

'endOfVideoOverlay'=>'$model->poster',

));?>

just figured it out, this option enable/disable full-screen, however, it does not hide the button.

so when it’s false you won’t be able to switch to fullscreen by clicking on the button.

'allowFullScreen'=>'true/false',

Thanks, with your code I was able to fix the poster.

Still to work out the fullscreen button. I have:

'allowFullScreen'=>'true'

But, the player does not initially display the fullscreen button. I can click play, and then double-click the player window, and it will switch to fullscreen. Once I do that, the fullscreen button appears, even when I bring it back out of fullscreen. Not sure why that button isn’t displayed to begin with, though.

since adobe player involved, i would assume the button issue is more on browser (cache) and adobe side rather than yii. you may want to look at that direction. i have no idea what it is now. ;-(

You’re probably right. Plus, I am on a linux machine, and to say flash support is “buggy” would be far too gracious.

hi,

i got an error when i click the video(strobe media playback) We are unable to connect to the content you have requested.we apologize for the inconvenience.

Please if anyone know that answer tell me how do i rectify it.