'Forum' extension, 'QuickPoll' extension

Hello!

I'd like to use demo blog application as a basis for my project. Since I'm so far very newbie to Yii, wonder whether there are attempts to code some kind of 'forum' and 'quickpoll' extensions? These extensions I consider as standard must-have at nowdays sites.

Best regards,

dvv854

I think that should be some kind of labs in Yii extensions. Some Todo's.

We’ve got blog subsystem – that is flat commented set of topics of a specific user. Forum subsystem could be derived from blog if we grant access to any topic to all registered users (members). Then poll subsystem could be derived if we limit comments to be a set of options (plus, probably, allowing a member to vote (in terms of existing blog – to ‘comment’) only once. Moreover, News subsystem can be considered as blog of admins :)

If this is an acceptable roadmap, will any of Yii guru realize it?

dvv854

...Then poll subsystem could be derived if we limit comments to be a set of options (plus, probably, allowing a member to vote (in terms of existing blog -- to 'comment') only once...

Well. I tried to extend Yii enhanced blog demo http://code.google.c…gdemo-enhanced/ to support quick polls. Added to Post model ‘options’ column which keeps possible polling options. Added Vote model which will keep user answers per poll. Put new methods into PostController: vote, revoke. Thus, any post can be used as poll by specifying polling choices. Added QuickPoll portlet which allows user to vote for the most recent poll. Registered users can reconsider their votes, guests are not. TODO: add auto-expiry feature.

The result in form of patch is attached.

Feedback is very welcome.

dvv854