Best practice for dialog via Jquery Post

Hi all.

Pretty new to Yii but loving it so far.

I was wondering if there was a way to recreate this in Yii, and/or the best practice. In my old site, wich im converting to Yii, I was passing dynamically created dialogs to the client side from an jquery post request that was the consumed by a function i had on the main page.

example function i used

function sysDialog(obj){

var dialog = '<div id="dialogBox"><div class="modal"> <div class="modal-header"> <a class="close" data-dismiss="modal">x</a> <h3>'+obj.title+'</h3> </div>';

dialog = dialog + '<div class="modal-body">'+obj.msg+'</div>';

dialog = dialog + '<div class="modal-footer">';

var i = 0;

var js = "";

for (var i in obj.buttons){

var css = "btn"

if ( i == 0){

var css = "btn btn-primary"

i = 1;

}

dialog = dialog + '<a id="'+i+'" href="#" class="'+css+'">'+i+'</a>';

js = js+'$("#'+i+'").click('+obj.buttons[i]+');';

}

dialog = dialog +' </div></div></div>';

js = js + '$("#dialogBox").modal("show");		  $( "#SiteHolder" ).draggable();';

$('#SiteHolder').html(dialog);

eval(js);

}

I know Yii has the CJuiDialog widget for creating a dialog box but since i’m calling renderPartial on my view the JS is never generated.

My goals are:

• Be able to support a JavaScript enabled page as well as static pages.

• Flexible enough to change ui’s

Should I just create a custom view for my theme? or should I just hard code my JS into the controller within –

if(Yii::app()->request->isAjaxRequest){

$this->render('mypage');

}else{

/// return my java script for client side consumption

}

The latter option would require that a JS function be embedded in the main page to consume this information and call a dialog.

A little background…

The site im working on is used at service point to help patrons/customers as well as manage personal. because of this the page is only ever fully loaded once. (This was done because there are i-frames contained withing the main page that preload slower sites required to assist in assisting patrons/customers.) After that all parts of the page are loaded with Ajax calls. I have found this to be a pain in Yii since it only generates JS when a page is fully rendered.