SlickGrid and Yii

Hello Yii community,

I am new to Yii and wanted to create a small example site that has data grids on several pages. For that purpose I would like to include SlickGrid. Also I include the Yii extension www.yiiframework.com/extension/yii-bootstrap/.

Now I need a pointer in the right direction.

[list=1]

[*]Where would you place all the SlickGrid files (css, images, lib,…)? In the assets folder for Yii?

[*]If I need to reuse SlickGrid with a varying number of cells and different header names, does it make sense to create a widget out of it?

[/list]

Sorry for those newbie questions, I have worked my way through the Yii book (Yii 1.1 and PHP 5) but it didn’t help in finding these answers.

I’m interested in this because I’m currently working on a project where Slickgrid is a requirement. I think it would be most beneficial to develop it as an extension. In a quick search, I couldn’t find the specific reference to this, but if memory serves, you put the assets under the extension folder so it can be distributed all as one package.

extensions/

my_widget/

widget.class.php

assets/

mywidget.js

style.css

I would be interested in working with you on this, as I’m after the same functionality. Feel free to contact me through here.

Thanks,

Steve.