Troubles w/ MySQL and MAMP

So… I've been trying to run through the example application, but I cannot seem to get the User model generated. I've noticed that a few others have had troubles because they are running php through MAMP; however, I seem to be running into a completely different error from those of everyone else.

Here is the error I receive:

model User

>> exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2030 This command is not supported in the prepared statement protocol yet' in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/db/CDbCommand.php:284

Stack trace:

#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/db/CDbCommand.php(231): CDbCommand->queryInternal('fetch', 2)

#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/db/schema/mysql/CMysqlSchema.php(165): CDbCommand->queryRow()

#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/db/schema/mysql/CMysqlSchema.php(68): CMysqlSchema->findConstraints(Object(CMysqlTableSchema))

#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/db/schema/CDbSchema.php(72): CMysqlSchema->createTable('User')

#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/cli/commands/shell/ModelCommand.php(95): CDbSchema->getTable('User')

#5 [internal function]: ModelCommand->generateModel('/Applications/M...', Array)

#6 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/console/CConsoleCommand.php(116): call_user_func(Array, '/Applications/M...', Array)

#7 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/cli/commands/shell/ModelCommand.php(72): CConsoleCommand->copyFiles(Array)

#8 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/cli/commands/ShellCommand.php(98): ModelCommand->run(Array)

#9 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/cli/commands/ShellCommand.php(78): ShellCommand->runShell()

#10 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/console/CConsoleCommandRunner.php(62): ShellCommand->run(Array)

#11 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/console/CConsoleApplication.php(88): CConsoleCommandRunner->run(Array)

#12 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/base/CApplication.php(146): CConsoleApplication->processRequest()

#13 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/yiic.php(30): CApplication->run()

#14 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/YiiTesting/framework/yiic(15): require_once('/Applications/M...')

#15 {main}

I've tried everything I could think of to get this working, but I'm stumped.

This might be caused by the MySQL version you installed.

Try the following:

in your config.php, set 'emulatePrepare'=>true for the 'db' component.

Alright! That was an easy enough fix. What version of MySQL should I be running to prevent this in the future?