Yii theme, blue or green?

Hi guys,

Due to the popular demand for a blue theme, I have gone ahead and made a draft concept replacing green with blue. Please choose which one you like better. :)

Green:

Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is also commonly associated with money.

Green has great healing power. It is the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. Sometimes green denotes lack of experience; for example, a 'greenhorn' is a novice. In heraldry, green indicates growth and hope. Green, as opposed to red, means safety; it is the color of free passage in road traffic.

Posted Image

Blue:

Please ignore the little green 'i' in the logo text, that will be blue if this concept is chosen.

The blue displayed here is only a sample, I haven't tweaked it yet.

Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.

Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity.

Posted Image

Colour meaning reference: http://www.color-whe…or-meaning.html

I prefer green but it could be a problem for daltonic people.

Green makes me remember Kohana site! Definitely go with the blue one! :) Thanks for your great work, I can’t wait to try out the new site.

hello,

I have to vote against my fellow country man (pestaa), go with GREEN, it looks better (and ZendFramework is BLUE :P )

–iM

Yes, but Zend framework is not an opponent for Yii, is it? ;)

Blue layout would match forum design. 8) Or will you purchase a green skin for IPB in case? :)

hi,

okay, here is the ultimate solution. Fred, if you have time, make them both and everybody can choose whatever they like :) if you don’t have time, just make the green one ;)

–iM

Green design looks better to me (btw your forgot to change "yii" color in second picture).

i think he knows ;)

–iM

Personally I like the blue one better, but choose whichever is more accessible.

I choose my favorite Color ;) Blue :D

I chose Blue too, just because I like the colour more than green.

Green for the main site

Blue for the docs ? (docs don’t need all those fansy collors and stuff and most in it is already bleu so just take the blue one there :P

Due to team’s consideration and the result of this poll, the new site is going to be mainly blue colored. This won’t change.

If you have further suggestions regarding the layout, please contact me through pm or e-mail.