cGridView conditional formating

Table:

id int

name

is_read

Using CGridView, if record is not read (is_read != 1) then display record in bold, else no bold.

please provide direction…

In your model:

public function bold($field=null)

{

if (!empty($field))

$field  = '<strong>'.$field.'</strong>';   

return $field;

}

In CGridView:

array(

'name' => 'name',

'type' => 'raw',

'value' => '($data->is_read !== "1")?$data->bold($data->name):$data->name',

),

Hope this helps.

how to change the background of the 1 line row if the condition matched ?

thanks

You can change CSS class depending on the condition: http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/1.1/CGridView#rowCssClassExpression-detail

sorry, I don’t get it, but seems it interesting.

can you give me sample code ?

$this->widget('zii.widgets.grid.CGridView', array(

'id'=>'user-grid',

'dataProvider'=>$model->search(),

'filter'=>$model,

'rowCssClassExpression'=>'$data->status == 0 ? "inactive" : "active"',

In more complex cases you can specify "rowCssClassExpression" as a function(){…}, it works only in PHP 5.3+

P.S. It just defines a CSS class for each row. You can set background-color and other options in main.css file.

thanks for that, it works. We need to know what folder the styles.css for that gridview. It is in assets folder.

I did it succesfully, but change the class even and odd. how to let the even and odd class stay remain ?

so it only for conditional.

rowCssClassExpression overwrites any classes applied to the row, so you will need to set even/odd class there too (using $row variable). Also you should define your CSS classes in webroot/css/main.css, don’t modify files in the “assets” folder.

fisrt thanks for the solution…i need in advance to show the particular row in bold how can this be made?..

Sorry i didn’t get your question?