New Site W Yii

We just launched a nice little website with some cool CSS features :slight_smile: Let us know what you think!

JG

http://finsandtailsguideservice.com/

Forgive my ignorance, but where is the Yii-part of this site?

It’s kinda the beauty of it. It’s a very tiny, one table, basic CMS system, with a little bit of SEO capabilities, and we could bend it into such a site without too many headaches. I come from the Drupal world, after having dabbled with some Wordpress, and any of these systems would have either created a whole bunch of DB tables for not much functionality needed, or having to deal with WordPress code which I just can’t understand the logic behind it.

And I just really dig the scrolling effect on the page, I just wanted to share it :slight_smile:

JG

hey,

so can you create a “new page” within the system and it will have a unique coordinate where it’ll jump to?

–iM

Not yet :slight_smile: All the coordinates are hard coded, but it could be extremely easy to do so by adding some x,y coords to the model. The issue is that all the elements moving are “keyframed” manually where each page has an “intro”,“in”, and “outro” scene. It also detects viewport height to add some “real” vertical scroll if you can’t see the whole content of the page.

The site is SEO friendly, where all the pages are spit out at their own URLs, but the JS kicks in to bounce the user to the home, load all the content via Ajax (html content), queue him to the right content via an anchor, and voila. For iOS, mobile, or low resolutions, the JS does nothing.