translation of documents

Hello,

I am about to translate some tutorial documents and class reference to Korean.

We know class reference is one of most important documents.

After I translate the Yii 1.1.8 API reference, how can I track the difference between this version and the latest version?

It’d be killing me if I translate them all as the newer version is released.

Do I have to /diff/ two versions all the time newer version is released? Isn’t there anyone who tried to translate Yii documents before?

Thanks.

Have a look at the translation project

http://code.google.com/p/yiidoc

As far as I know, nobody translated the API reference so far. It’s automatically generated from comments in source code. Currently there is a script for keeping track of changes in The Definitive Guide to Yii (and also for Blog Tutorial).

/Tommy

There is a Russian translation of API but personally I think that it doesn’t worth it since that’s too much effort. As for the guide and blog tutorial, these are displayed at the website and it doesn’t take too much time to keep these up to date after initial translation is done. As tri already mentioned, project is hosted at google code. If you want to participate, let me know and I’ll add you to project members.

Thank you for your answers.

I decided not to translate the api documents because it can be very tedious and boring, but I believe that it will be very meaningful if I join the project "yiidoc".

OK, write me a message (accessible from my forum profile) with your gmail address.