Install Yii on XAMPP on Linux

I cannot create an application on linux

when i run

% cd WebRoot/testdrive

% php YiiRoot/framework/yiic.php webapp WebRoot/testdrive

i get the following error

php command not found, although on my localhost i see the xampp installation.

Does anyone run Yiic on XAMPP in Linux?

you have to add the php.exe path in your PATH environment variable.

I dont use Linux, so I dont remember the exact command to do that

Hi people I’m new to the forum, I have the same problem as hex, I can’t start a new application using the Yiic tool.

I’m using Xampp on linux ubuntu, any idea ?

I just found a solution to my problem by installing PHP5 on my server

sudo apt-get install php5-cli

I don’t know how to use the command line with Xampp or where is the path to php.

by installing php5-cli it tells me the path, I just created a new application this way

/usr/bin/php5 webroot/yiiroot/framework/yiic.php webapp webroot/testdrive

hope it helps !

Hex, you probably worked it out by now but for benefit newbies who have similar problems

page 6 and 7 of this guide on this thread explains what you need to do.

actual pdf

"webroot" is the folder where your application is going to be installed and "Yiiroot" is the folder you unzipped the Yii framewoork

If you are using lampp the webroot is: /opt/lampp/htdocs/testdrive -> you must create a folder, it would be named testdrive or whatever you want it.

In my case i unzipped the yii framework in the folder /opt/lampp/htdocs/yiif and my webapp will be in /opt/lampp/htdocs/yii

First, open the terminal

then write:

cd /opt/lampp/htdocs

next write:

/opt/lampp/htdocs/yiif/framework/yiic webapp yii

That worked for me.

I’m having the same issue. I’m running xampp and need some help getting the yiic command line tool to generate the app. Here’s the error messages I’m getting.

lanesa@lanesa-mocha:~$ cd /opt/lampp/htdocs

lanesa@lanesa-mocha:/opt/lampp/htdocs$ yii/framework/yiic webapp htdocs/testdrive

/usr/bin/env: php: No such file or directory

This might be old but someone could get some help

chmod -R 0755 /opt/lampp/htdocs

From theindexer.wordpress.com

For mint and later versions of ubuntu it might be a better idea to add it under

/etc/bash.bashrc 

That way when you:

php framework/yiic.php webapp projectName

php will be recognised.

You can then go ahead and change the permission of that folder to be writeable by your user.

chgrp -R userName projectName/

chown -R 0775 projectName/

If you need more information on how to install lampp for linux follow the instructions under:

www.apachefriends.org

I hope it was helpful.

Really useful, thanks.

I am glad it is helpful.

If you just get the error page

‘Unable to resolve the request"site".’ in /opt/lampp/htdocs/framework/web/CWebApplication.php:281

Make sure your permissions are set correctly, and your class filenames match the class name (case sensitive)

I migrated from windows to linux, both running xampp.

My mistake was to have all the files permissions set correctly, but the copied folders didn’t.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up having to install a VM in VirtualBox and setting up LAMP to use it but now I’m going to set it up on my default system. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

I also use Linux as default. Most bigger Linux distros use own Apache server packages. For example under Fedora one could use this guide: forums.fedoraforum DOT org/showthread.php?t=94257 (interesting steps: HTTPD (PHP enabled) and MySQL)

To set the right permissions to the /var/www/html folder I create a group apache (file /etc/group), then set the permissions with the commands "chgrp -R apache ./" and "chmod -R g+rw ./" below the right folder (under Fedora: /var/www/html and if necessary also below the yii folder).

If it shows any timezone related issues, it’s necessary to set a timezone in php.ini

I use Linux and I do not use Xammp or whatever (no offenses), you should use APACHE and PHP running right away! in your Linux box! It’s better in that way!

i just wondering some nice path to install yii-1.1.13 with xampp on ubuntu 12.XX. You must try install it from xampp directory, if default directory like this:

~$ /opt/lampp/ (its my directory)…

this is how i’m install it;

~$ sudo /opt/lampp/bin/php /opt/lampp/htdocs/yii/framework/yiic webapp /opt/lampp/htdocs/yourproject  

where:

~$ sudo /opt/lampp/bin/php

is php executable inside xampp, and

/opt/lampp/htdocs/yii/framework/yiic

my directory of yii (use "sudo mv" to change folder yii from source),

webapp

is yiic command to make new project… and last thing

/opt/lampp/htdocs/yourprojec

is directory of xampp htdocs with name of myproject "yourproject"

maybe help for all of you, and sory if my language was bad…

Maybe can be alternavite too :

# cd /opt/lampp/bin/

# ./php /opt/lampp/htdocs/yii/framework/yicc webapp /opt/lampp/htdocs/myweb

Machine : Linux Mint Petra

Server : XAMPP for Linux 1.8.3.1

only a error -->yicc ==>yiic

cd /opt/lampp/bin/

./php /opt/lampp/htdocs/yii/framework/yiic webapp /opt/lampp/htdocs/myweb