Example on using Clips

I am trying to archive something similar to what masterpages allows for with yii.

That is, I want a layout that defines placeholders where anything can go into (not just common content). So for example I can have pageA show widgetA in a placeholder section, and pageC show widgetB in the same section as oppose to them showing the same content.

I have read from the forums that Clips are the way to go if I want to do this, but there are no examples of how this can be archieved

In the action view, you can have:

Then in your layout, you can insert the clip content by using:

Still a bit confused Quaing and I'm sure it's due to my Prado oriented way of thinking.

Say I have below modules

1. tag cloud module

2. donate module

On page A I want to show #1, on pageB I want to show #2.

After I have defined <?php echo @this->clips['xyz'] ?> in my layout, how do I insert any one of these modules inside the clip?

I'm having an issue with the clips.

Then I call a widget I created that wraps things up in an html 3x3 table with the center cell with the content:

When I make this call to this class:

RailRoadwindow.php

railRoadwindow.php:

The javascript that jui uses, and I've found for CHtml::dropDownList with an ajax ( i don't have that code)

places link and script tags BEFORE the DOCTYPE example:

What am I doing wrong do I have to scriptFile all the scripts first? 

below is the requirements checker for the box it's installed on:

This causes the text "<##head##> to appear before the title tag and

</script>

at the end of the html

PHP version  Passed  Yii Framework  PHP 5.1.0 or higher is required.

$_SERVER variable Passed Yii Framework

Reflection extension Passed Yii Framework

PCRE extension Passed Yii Framework

SPL extension Passed Yii Framework

DOM extension Passed CWsdlGenerator

PDO extension Passed All DB-related classes

PDO SQLite extension Failed All DB-related classes This is required if you are using SQLite database.

PDO MySQL extension Passed All DB-related classes This is required if you are using MySQL database.

PDO PostgreSQL extension Failed All DB-related classes This is required if you are using PostgreSQL database.

Memcache extension Failed CMemCache

APC extension Failed CApcCache

Mcrypt extension Passed CSecurityManager This is required by encrypt and decrypt methods.

SOAP extension Failed CWebService, CWebServiceAction

GD extension Passed CCaptchaAction  

I am thoroughly stumped and expect it may be the version of PHP.

locally I'm on 5.2.8 , but the remote server that's failing is at 5.1.2

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Can someone explain a use case for using clips? especially vs. say, a generic widget?

Say, for example, I wanted to use a partial view that renders CListView inside a CTabView. Would this be a proper use of clips?