New to yii , Let us explore

I am new to Yii started exploring,

Welcome !! :)

Let me know if need help :rolleyes:

im new to yii plz help me to know how can i create ma first simple application in yii… plz do explain briefly

Please go through with below link…

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/guide/1.1/en/quickstart.first-app

If you still don’t understand then watch videos on you tube… Everything is explained very clearly…

please anybody help me out wid ma query.

For creating an yii application, i have created the database first and then using gii tool i have created the models, controllers, etc. which are related to the database i have created. Now my question is, if now i have to make some changes in the database and want that there should be change in models, controllers too i.e; according to the change in the database. Now how can i overcome this problem… or is there any other method to create an application in which we can make changes in database and automatically there is change in models, controllers, etc. . please do reply im new to yii.

If you are changing the rows or columns that is adding a new row or column or even deleting them then I think making the relative changes in the model file of the table is the only way. Like if you make a new column then add it to each and every function of the model. I think that should do the trick but I have not tried it myself. You could also create the whole table using gii all over again.

Vidhi if you try it let me know if adding it to the model works :rolleyes:

I feel one may directly assign value to a column from table without being defined into Model.

Yii beautifully reads table schema and identifies attributes.

download the books on yii framework and follow the wiki on yiiframework

I am very new to Yii. I want to pull data from database and show it as dropdown list… help please…

Try this one…

<?php echo $form->dropDownList($model,‘StudentId’, CHtml::listData(Student::model()->findAll(), ‘StudentId’, ‘StudentName’), array(‘empty’=>’–Student Name*–’)); ?>