Will Erratia be fixed in PDF?

Hello,

Just wondering if any errors found in the printed book would be fixed in the PDF.

If so, is it possible to re-download?

I actually don’t know the answer to this. I will attempt to find out, but I also encourage you and anyone else to ask Packt directly. You can use their online form on their website, or ask directly to:

duanem@packtpub.com

who is responsible for the marketing of this book.

I hope they are able to address the errata in the e-version quickly.

They refer to errata here:

but it seems like they only update what users have told them and it may be that not all the errors mentioned in the error thread here have made it over there. Don’t know if they will update the main PDF. They say in reference to errors submitted to them only:“Our editors will check them and post them to the list. Thank you.”

It would be nice if there was a single point of entry for error reporting rather than the two places we have right now. I guess there’s also a question of error verification. Who’d a thought that updating a book would be just like software revision control! <_<

Perhaps there’s a way to somehow forward the existing error thread from here to packtpub and perhaps close off the error thread here with a link over to their error submission form? or some other way to keep it all synced…

Just received a reply from packt:

"I am sorry to inform you that we do not update the errata found in the PDF ebook. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. However in order to find the errata for the below mentioned title we suggest you to please follow the below mentioned link."

and the link points back to that already previously mentioned.

Thanks for checking on this. Too bad, this would have been a nice option.

I find it disturbing.

The book should not have gone out with so many errors in the first place.

Having made that mistake, the erratas should be corrected in the electronic version. It’s just a matter of a few minutes to edit a pdf…

I am very dissatisfied to have spent extra time trying to find out what I’d done wrong following the book only to discover the book was wrong in the first place.

regards