Yii and MS-SQL

Hello All,

I Am using Yii 1.1.4 and trying to connect to a MS SQL 2000 server. This is supposedly a supported DB server which is what first brought me to try yii. Most frameworks don’t support SQL Server 2000 because it is so old, but it is nevertheless what I am stuck working with for the time being.

I am using yii on Gentoo linux and working through the Agile Development with Yii book. It connects to the local MySQL server just fine and I can connect to the MS-SQL with a regular PHP script using mssql_connect(). I have searched these forums and not found anything that solves my issue.

My db array from protected/config/main.php looks like:

'db'=>array(

#'connectionString' => 'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=trackstar_dev',

'connectionString' => 'mssql:host=10.166.250.3;port=1433;dbname=RMA',

'emulatePrepare' => true,

'username' => 'MyLogin',

'password' => 'MyPassword',

'charset' => 'utf8',

),

Including the commented out MySQL connection string which works. I have tried using both the IP and the hostname of the server, either work with mssql_connect(), but no luck so far. When I try to run the unit test I get:

[glen@alhazred tests]$ phpunit unit/DbTest.php

PHPUnit 3.4.15 by Sebastian Bergmann.

E

Time: 1 second, Memory: 5.25Mb

There was 1 error:

1. DbTest::testConnection

CDbException: CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/yii/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:275

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/yii/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:242

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/yii/framework/db/CDbConnection.php:221

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/yii/framework/base/CModule.php:363

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/yii/framework/base/CModule.php:86

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/trackstar/protected/tests/unit/DbTest.php:6

FAILURES!

Tests: 1, Assertions: 0, Errors: 1.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance. I apologize if this was covered elsewhere.

Glen

My PHP configuration is:

‘./configure’ ‘–prefix=/usr’ ‘–build=i686-pc-linux-gnu’ ‘–host=i686-pc-linux-gnu’ ‘–mandir=/usr/share/man’ ‘–infodir=/usr/share/info’ ‘–datadir=/usr/share’ ‘–sysconfdir=/etc’ ‘–localstatedir=/var/lib’ ‘–prefix=/usr/lib/php5’ ‘–mandir=/usr/lib/php5/man’ ‘–infodir=/usr/lib/php5/info’ ‘–libdir=/usr/lib/php5/lib’ ‘–with-libdir=lib’ ‘–without-pear’ ‘–disable-maintainer-zts’ ‘–disable-bcmath’ ‘–with-bz2’ ‘–disable-calendar’ ‘–without-curl’ ‘–without-curlwrappers’ ‘–disable-dbase’ ‘–disable-exif’ ‘–without-fbsql’ ‘–without-fdftk’ ‘–enable-ftp’ ‘–with-gettext’ ‘–without-gmp’ ‘–without-kerberos’ ‘–enable-mbstring’ ‘–with-mcrypt’ ‘–without-mhash’ ‘–without-msql’ ‘–with-mssql’ ‘–with-ncurses’ ‘–with-openssl’ ‘–with-openssl-dir=/usr’ ‘–disable-pcntl’ ‘–with-pgsql’ ‘–without-pspell’ ‘–without-recode’ ‘–disable-shmop’ ‘–without-snmp’ ‘–enable-soap’ ‘–disable-sockets’ ‘–without-sybase-ct’ ‘–disable-sysvmsg’ ‘–disable-sysvsem’ ‘–disable-sysvshm’ ‘–without-tidy’ ‘–disable-wddx’ ‘–without-xmlrpc’ ‘–without-xsl’ ‘–enable-zip’ ‘–with-zlib’ ‘–disable-debug’ ‘–enable-dba’ ‘–without-cdb’ ‘–with-db4’ ‘–disable-flatfile’ ‘–without-gdbm’ ‘–disable-inifile’ ‘–with-qdbm’ ‘–with-freetype-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-t1lib=/usr’ ‘–disable-gd-jis-conv’ ‘–with-jpeg-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-png-dir=/usr’ ‘–without-xpm-dir’ ‘–with-gd’ ‘–without-interbase’ ‘–with-mysql=/usr’ ‘–with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ ‘–with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config’ ‘–with-unixODBC=/usr’ ‘–without-adabas’ ‘–without-birdstep’ ‘–without-dbmaker’ ‘–without-empress’ ‘–without-esoob’ ‘–without-ibm-db2’ ‘–without-sapdb’ ‘–without-solid’ ‘–with-iodbc=/usr’ ‘–without-oci8’ ‘–with-pdo-dblib’ ‘–with-pdo-mysql=/usr’ ‘–with-pdo-pgsql’ ‘–with-pdo-sqlite=/usr’ ‘–with-pdo-odbc=unixODBC,/usr’ ‘–with-readline’ ‘–without-libedit’ ‘–without-mm’ ‘–with-sqlite=/usr’ ‘–enable-sqlite-utf8’ ‘–with-pcre-regex=/usr’ ‘–with-pcre-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-config-file-path=/etc/php/apache2-php5’ ‘–with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active’ ‘–disable-cli’ ‘–disable-cgi’ ‘–disable-embed’ ‘–with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs’

Look for PDO section in phpinfo() results. You need pdo_mssql module to be enabled in php.ini to use mssql in Yii.

Also read this http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php?/topic/790-ms-sql-db-connection-driver/page__p__4438__hl__dblib#entry4438