In this cookbook I will attempt to explain how to use the lightweight version of Role-Based Access Control using a php file. This version does not use database but a php file and is controlled by CPhpAuthManager class.
After a lot of research, everything I found on adding date range searching to a CGridView advanced search form seemed to involve adding two new public variables (e.g. $date_from, $date_to), 'safe' rules for the new variables, and a rather chunky if/elseif/else check in the search() method. This probably isn't a hassle for most, but because many of the tables in my database contain two or three and sometimes four date columns (e.g. date_created, date_modified, date_deleted etc.), it meant I was having to add up to eight public variables, the corresponding safe rules, and modifying the search() criteria for each date attribute. So, I set about creating a better way and I thought I'd share my work with the community.
Sometimes the active form we wish to use to edit/add a new element on our database is too small and we believe that is much better to use an AJAX'ed dialog/slide form rather than reloading the page to just display one or two fields.
Unfortunately Sebastian Bergmann decided to remove PHPUnit_Story from future PHPUnit versions. Thanks to elvan for pointing me to the relevant comment. As an alternative Behat has been suggested but it seems too bloated for me TBH. There is also PHPSpec but it's non flexible enough for me and tightly bound with English language (What's the purpose of using DSL if customers can't speak English). Since both frameworks are quite young I think I'll just stick to PHPUnit and see what's going on on the BDD frameworks arena. Even PHPUnit_Story parts of this entry are going to be deprecated soon, rest is still valid! When doing TDD, please write tests with design and behaviour of application in mind instead of testing single functions.