Modules wont work

I have been following every tutorial I find on installing user management and RBAC modules into an empty skeleton and none of them seem to work… am I missing something??? I just followed this tutorial line by line… I even copy pasted stuff and still nothing… The page just came up like the normal Index Page of my application… Nothing special

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/cookbook/68/

I tried the installs for Yii-user and another one as well… Same issues… i am using the newest stable version 1.12

for the life of me I just cant get any modules to work…

Is there some magic setting I dont know about???

Changed some stuff not from that tutorial and I am not getting a blank screen when i hit the page…

hello,

have you tried to set up the Gii module (which is included with the framework) ?

just curious …

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/guide/topics.gii

btw:

on my development machine I like to set these in my index.php so I can se EVERYTHING!

error_reporting (E_ALL);

ini_set("display_errors", 1); 

–iM

No I have not tried using Gii, I quit using Yii for a bit becuase it was making me mad, but now that the book came out I started back up again and I just tried configuring the Gii module and I got the same result as when i am using other extentions and modules… I just get a blank page… and this is from following step by step in the module…

I am using MAMP on OSX with Yii1.1.3

Probably you are getting an error but the error reporting is disabled so you end with a blank page…

Have you tried to enable the error_reporting like imehesz suggested?

If it’s not helping you can try to enable error reporting in the php.ini file

error_reporting=E_ALL

display_errors=On

display_startup_errors=On

report_memleaks=On

html_errors=On

mysql.trace_mode=On

This way if there is and error you will get it on the screen

NOTE1: do not just add this options on the beginning of php.ini, search for them in the file and uncomment / change them)

NOTE2: these are my development setting (not good for deployment)

NOTE3: after changing php.ini you have to restart Apache/PHP - if not sure how, better restart the computer