Play with template?

Yii is wonderfull framework I’m getting addicted :D  although most our project run with Prado but we decided if Yii get mature we want to use Yii for our next project. I have question is it possible to implement template in Yii?, for example we want divide webpage into 4 parts (header,sidebar,body,footer)? as Prado template concept?, teach me please. Thanks a lot!

Yes, you can divide a controller view into separate partial views. In the main view, use $this->renderPartial() to display the partial views.

The same also applies to layout views. Partial view is similar to the template include concept in Prado.

Yes, you can divide a controller view into separate partial views. In the main view, use $this->renderPartial() to display the partial views.

The same also applies to layout views. Partial view is similar to the template include concept in Prado.

Ok,thanks for quick response :).

Hello, I am new to Yii and i haven't used prado, so could you please give me a startup for dividing the webpage into 4 parts (header,sidebar,body,footer)?

And how can i apply layout to page created by 4 parts.

Thank you.

yes i got it  :D.

Thank you.