How to find if error is set in form

Hello,

I’ve been looking at the API and searched the forum several times, but couldn’t find a solution for this.

In view files, when I display errors I use

<?php $form->error($model, "id"); ?>

This displays an error message if error is set by the Controller $this->addError("id", "This is an error");.

Is there a way for me to see if there’s an error with certain name?

For example, in my login, I have a field which is "active" to see if the user is activated or not (through email address confirmation). And if the user is not activated, I display an error message $this->addError("activate", "This user account is not activated."). But in view files, I want to check if error has been set for "activate", and display additional messages like this.

<?php if($form->ErrorExists($model,"activate") === true) {

echo "In order to re-send an email, press here".someurlhelperfunction."or submit another valid email address here".(display form using form helpers, etc.;

}

?>

I’ve thought about doing something like

if($form->error($model,"activate") contains "this user account is not activated"…)

or

$this->addError("activate", $string which contains all the information, including form);

but they both seem not as clean, and second option definitely does not separate view from controller.

Thank you very much for your help!

The only thing i can think of is CModel::hasErrors() : http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/CModel#hasErrors-detail