• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using Yii without Active Record Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sheldmandu 

• Pip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:28 AM

Hi guys, can anyone give me advice on how to best use Yii without Active Record? ActiveRecord is a nice concept and all for simple scenarios, but in complex applications that I'm writing it just becomes much more of a pain than anything else. Is there a DataMapper concept implemented in Yii anywhere (because I couldn't find it). Also, I usually tend use Table Module with Table Data Gateway in the majority of my applications because most apps I write are data-centric while the domain logic is relatively simple. I'm wondering if anyone's using these patterns with Yii instead of ActiveRecord?

In particular I'm writing some multi-lingual apps where the data tends to be split between 2 tables, a common data table and a language specific table, as is common to do in these scenarios. ActiveRecord doesn't seem to be too good at supporting this as I need to write to 2 tables and retrieve joined data from 2 tables. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If I don't use ActiveRecord, will I use much of the Yii goodness that makes it so good?

#2 User is offline   Vince. 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Yii
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:58 AM

You can either use the AR or the DAO more info: http://www.yiiframew...de/database.dao
Vince Gabriel, Lead Developer.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users