Profiling and logging

Hello all

I’m working on a couple of controllers that mainly output JSON strings

Since I need to check the timings of calls, memory usage, sql calls and all the bits to see how much the code has to be improved I was looking into adding some profiling and logging into the json output.

So I started adding a new CProfileLogRoute to the main configuration but as I was noticing its summary is a table that is rendered through CController->render() that is something I don’t really need.

Then I added these bits of code in my controller:

public function beforeAction($action) {

parent::beforeAction($action);

$this->connection = Yii::app()->db;

if (YII_DEBUG) {

$this->logger = new CLogger();

}

return true;

}

private function afterAction($action) {

parent::afterAction($action);

if (YII_DEBUG) {

$this->logger->flush();

}

return true;

}

and in each action something like:

public function actionX() {

// main action code

// ...

if(YII_DEBUG) {

$outConfArr['profile']['executionTime']=$this->logger->getExecutionTime();

$outConfArr['profile']['memoryUsage']=$this->logger->getMemoryUsage();

}

Utils::outputJson($outConfArr);

}

where the outputJson does nothing but sending out the right mime header and calling json_encode($array).

Since now this works well (probably I need some class adjustments but that’s not a problem at all), I was looking forward profiling the bits of code as Yii::beginProfile(‘stmt’) and Yii::endProfile(‘stmt’) does and then outputting it via $this->logger->getProfilingResults() but I can’t make it and that’s the reason I came here.

Plus… do I really need the CProfileLogRoute to be enabled?

and how do I profile the sql calls and output them properly in my JSON ?

Thanks for any hints you can give me.

Cheers

anyone?