I created a "demo" with this extension for the blog from the yii demos see blog.rar attachment.
If you extract it to your blog you should be able to access it via
The Flexigrid is fully useable and working.
It also saves various settings in Session variables e.g. sort, order, query, order of columns, width of colums etc.
So if you visit the page again you will get the last view in the same session.
I am currently at a point where I wanted the code to be more 'generic'.
Sadly i don't know that much from yii at the moment (i am still learning). So I don't know how several things could be coded in a better way then currently.
Points which i doesn't like:
- too much code to be added to the controller (some functions to be added)
- js code for action buttons of the flexigrid which call ajax functions only to generate a link to forward to the update page.
- unclean code of the widget ( i just modified from the CTreeView widget so there are still code and comments from this widget)
What i would like to get the extension more compact and be able to run without too much code to be added to the controller.
e.g. Could the Session saving be done in the extension itself?
I Don't know what is possible with actions / behaviors etc.
The flexigrid requires jquery 1.3.1 because jquery 1.3 (comes with the lates yii) has a bug with selectors [otherwise the column resizing doesn't work]
Also the flexigrid.js code is modified on several parts:
- page / order / sort pre selecting
- search options settings
- on resize events and function to store the columns size and order
Some code is not directly from me. I used and looked some demos from CodeIgniter and used some parts from other forums and mailing lists (e.g. how to get the resized columns in js code)
Please post any comments.
Number of downloads: 44