Dataprovider with dynamic relation

Hi all,

Ive been going round on circles on this for 2 days but im sure its pretty easy so appreciate your expertise. The concept is simple and is effectively a list of URL’s where you can choose your favourites.

• Any user can add a new URL

• Any user can favourite their own URL or anyone elses

• in url_favourite table user_id and url_id combined are defined as unique

i have 3 tables

User(id, username)

Url(id, url, user_id)

Url_Favourite(id, url_id, user_id, favourited)

Relations

User->hasMany->Url(s)

Url->hasMany->Url_Favourite(s)

Url_Favourite->hasOne->User

Url_Favourite->hasOne->Url

I want to display a DataProvider where all the URLs are shown but any that have been favourited appear at the top

e.g.

|URL|Favourited|

|...|         Y|

|...|         N|

|...|         N|

I know the query would be pretty much:

Select url.url, url_favourite.favourited from url LEFT JOIN url_favourite uf ON uf.url_id=url.id AND uf.user_id=<LoggedinUserID>

When trying to do this via Active Record im hitting all sorts of issues

Ive manually added a relation trying to pass in the dynamic logged in user id but it never seems to get set, in GridView calling urlUserFavourite.favourited returns UnknownPropertyException

/**

* GII created

*/

public function getUrlFavourites()

{

return $this->hasMany(UrlFavourite::className(), ['url_id' => 'id']);

}

/**

* I Added

*/

public function getUrlUserFavourite()

{

return $this->hasOne(UrlFavourite::className(), ['url_id' => 'id', 'user_id'=>\Yii::$app->user->id]);

}

i have added to my DataProvider a leftJoin where i can set the user id but i cant get it to map to the url.id as it treats it as a string i.e. SQL generated is … ON urlFav.user_id = 1 AND urlFav.url_id = ‘id’… id should be the current URL model id. Ive also tried here going through my created relation or the GII created one

$query = Url::find();

$query->with('urlFavourites')

->leftJoin(UrlFavourite::tableName().' urlFav', ['urlFav.user_id'=>\Yii::$app->user->id, 'urlFav.url_id' => 'id']);

Im pretty sure im just missing something obvious so any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks