Yii2 validation triggering incorrectly on form with repeated model records

Hi, Yii-ers!

I have been working on this all day and this is the first time I have posted so I hope someone can help me, please.

I have a form where the multiple records for one form are the same model. As a result, I set manually the name and id tags. I place the following code in a foreach loop and generate the tags in the view.

// updatemember.php view has these declarations

use kartik\widgets\ActiveForm;

$form = ActiveForm::begin([

'id' => 'tab-horizontal', 

'type' => ActiveForm::TYPE_HORIZONTAL,

'formConfig' => ['labelSpan' => 4 ],

'options' => ['enctype' => 'multipart/form-data'], 

]

); 

// updatemember calls this subform _claimcontact.php

use kartik\builder\Form;

echo Form::widget([ 

'model'=>$claimcontact,

'form'=>$form,

'columns'=>2,

'attributes'=>[

'phone_container'=>[ 

'label'=>'Phone', 

'attributes'=>[ 

'phone'=>[

'type'=>Form::INPUT_TEXT, 

'options'=>['name'=>"ClaimContact[$index][phone]", 'id'=>"claimcontact-phone_$index",    ], 

'container' => ['class'=>$col_width],

],

],

],

'email_container'=>[ 

'label'=>'Email', 

'attributes'=>[ 

'email'=>[

'options'=>['name'=>"ClaimContact[$index][email]", 'id'=>"claimcontact-email_$index",   ], 

],

],

],

],

]);

?>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

I set up a rule in the ClaimContact model and the validation triggers correctly the error message and css when I leave the field and it does it properly for record 3 but not for record 2, so that is good as email 3 is blank and email 2 is not blank.

[['first_name', 'last_name', 'position', 'phone', 'email' ] , 'required', 

Unfortunately, when I click the Submit button the filename validation triggers for ALL the records, including the populated filename field. I have attached a sample image.

whenclient_validation_issue.png

It seems the Yii validation script generated at the bottom of the source html page has duplicate tags id and name which may be causing the issue.

{"id":"claimcontact-email","name":"email","container":".field-claimcontact-email_0","input":"#claimcontact-email_0","validate":function (attribute, value, messages, deferred, $form) {yii.validation.required(value, messages, 

{"message":"Email cannot be blank."});}},

{"id":"claimcontact-email","name":"email","container":".field-claimcontact-email_1","input":"#claimcontact-email_1","validate":function (attribute, value, messages, deferred, $form) {yii.validation.required(value, messages, 

{"id":"claimcontact-email","name":"email","container":".field-claimcontact-email_2","input":"#claimcontact-email_2","validate":function (attribute, value, messages, deferred, $form) {yii.validation.required(value, messages, 

I think if the "id" tag was set to claimcontact-email_0, claimcontact-email_1 and claimcontact-email_2 respectively I bet the validation would work.

I have tried setting inputOptions and the jquery selector option but this does not work.

I have read and used the multiple model article (http://www.yiiframework.com/doc-2.0/guide-input-multiple-models.html) and it worked up to a point but I had a lot of issues with it from another project so I have decided to follow the above approach for more control but there is a bit of a hitch in the validation I need help with, please.

Thanks for taking the time to read my issue.

I found the solution. One needed to set the name with an $index and then the validation created was unique.

eg.

'email_container'=>[ 

'label'=>'Email', 

'attributes'=>[ 

"[$index]email"=>[

'options'=>['name'=>"ClaimContact[$index][email]", 'id'=>"claimcontact-email_$index",   ], 

],

],

],

NOTE: the "[$index]email"

generates this

{

"id":"claimcontact-0-email",

"name":"[0]email",

"container":".field-claimcontact-email_0",

"input":"#claimcontact-email_0","validate":function (attribute, value, messages, deferred, $form) {

(attribute, value)) { yii.validation.required(value, messages, {"message":"Email cannot be blank."}); 

}

{

"id":"claimcontact-1-email",

"name":"[1]email","container":

".field-claimcontact-email_1",

"input":"#claimcontact-email_1","validate":function (attribute, value, messages, deferred, $form) {

(attribute, value)) { yii.validation.required(value, messages, {"message":"Email cannot be blank."}); 

}

which then results in the good result-validation on only one field. Please see attachment. :D